Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoldCoastDc5r - Toda Spec C Head Review - 152.6kw NA

Toda Spec C Head

Ok well as a few of you may have read/heard or seen my car was in Sydney for 2weeks getting some work done.

Car previously had following mods:

Mods are as follows

Engine and Drivetrain:
    Injen Cold Air Intake
    Spoon Throttle Body
    JDM Intake Manifold
    Toda Headers
    JDM Rocker Cover
    Nology Hotwires
    Custom Cat Back Exhaust
    Hondata ECU
    Viscostech Short Shifter

Making around 140kw at the front treads.

Suspension:
    Tein Super Sport Coilovers
    Spoon Front Strut Bar
    Spoon Rear Strut Bar
    Whiteline Front Sway Bar
    Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
    Polyurethane bushes all round

Brakes:
    Front - Alcon 335mm x 35mm rotors
    Front - Alcon 4 pot calipers
    Rear - Standard rotors and calipers with Endless NA-R pads

Wheels and Tyres:
    Enkei 17x8" RP03 powdercoated black
    225/45/R17 Advan A048 tyres all round
    Rays Lug Nuts

I got a Custom Intake Manifold Fabricated by Brad who runs the exhaust shop where JDM Yard is. This was to be coupled to a BDL 70mm throttle body however Zi was unable to source this before I had to leave Sydney. The welding done by brad was excellent and I would recommend him for anyone who needs welding or fabrication work done in Sydney. The car was tuned using the Custom IM but there was no significant gains, which both Brad and I believe to be due to not having the larger throttle body. The Custom IM was left with Brad for further development, just so hard because I live in QLD to try and custom make something.

My car was then taken to Toda to have Spec C Cams along with Toda Titanium Valve Springs and Retainers. Many thanks to Adrian for the great work and service as well as Tuning.

The Car made 152.6kw at the wheels and around 300nM of torque.

First Impressions were hard as it was pouring down rain, and I could not get traction unless I was rolling in 4th at 90-100kph, and not wanting to get caught speeding I wasn?t game to give it a run at those speeds.

Finally on Friday arvo the weather cleared up and I got a chance to give the car a decent run. OMG the car pulls so hard all the way to 9000rpm, yep that?s right 9000RPM?

At the same time it is still very driveable at low revs. The torque is amazing even from 6th gear at 100kph it just pulls. 3rd, 4th and 5th gear are incredible, the car gather speeds like no other, I still haven?t gotten past 7500revs in 5th and that was doing over 220kph. The car does 190kph in 4th. (on a mates private road of course)

VTEC change over is set at around 5500rpm I believe but the car still pulls hard before VTEC.

Car was tuned by James from Hondatech and Adrian and James will be doing some fine tuning and road tuning over the weekend in Brisbane for me.

I will try get a video shortly so you guys can hear how good the car sounds.

Also picked up a Genuine Buddy Club CF Bonnet while I was in Sydney thanks to Eoh of J-Spec Motorworks. The weave on the bonnet is perfect even around the vent. The vent has a removable flap underneath so you can have it open or closed which is a great idea for street use especially if it is raining.

All in all very happy with the results, would have loved to have seen what power difference the custom IM would have made with the 70mm throttle body but unfortunately it never happened.

I will most likely source a accord type R IM and karcepts adapter from the states as all the NA guys are seeing good results with this mod. Other than that I don?t have any other plans for the engine. Time to save my money for other things?.

awsome power gain
    So Hot & Deadly

Comment

loving the car - especially the plates

Comment

Working...
      X